Wednesday, March 22, 2006
We interrupt our regular scheduled destashing to set the record straight
ETA: you can follow the drama on her husband's blog here. Oh and I sent another email that she won't reply to, but would rather play attack in blog comments.
So Let's set the record straight.
I have been friendly with her since last year, as my eldest was in the same class as her middle. Now as I have said over and over again... her situation sucks, but take accountibility for the choices you make. And be kind to the family members that help you ALL THE TIME. Jenny, you are my hero, because you are telling her what she needs to hear. But she is so far in denial that she can't.
Last year, I asked her if she would like to make some money by watching my kids while Mr. Clean and I went to a convention and then to Cabo San Lucas (mind you, we never go anywhere...ANYWHERE alone!) So, it gets closer and closer and no word...finally I ask her how much she wants for the week. She said she would call me back, not only did she not call me back about this...she has the audacity to ask me if she could be my Nanny. Now to me this is looking for the easy way out.
I am very punctual, she is not. I ordered Girl Scout Cookies from her and she got them in the BEGINNING of JANUARY and mentioned she needed the money the day before I was going to go to the Convention BY MYSELF! I told her that I didn't have time to meet up with her and she asked if Mr. Clean could write her a check. So I sent CASH in with the eldest.
Now, while I will admit to avoiding her calls, (I can get a little snippy when I am angry) she still should have sent the cookies in with the eldest. The excuse is something about Christmas presents, etc. We don't need Christmas presents... we want the cookies I PAID FOR>>>back in JANUARY!!!!
Last week I sent an email to her in response to a comment she left on my blog...it made mention of the things that have been bugging me. NO RESPONSE.
Now my comments are being deleted from her blog...classy.
So here you go... the email I sent to her:
I am sure that you think that “Jenny” is me, but it is not. Not that I don’t agree with some of her points. I haven’t spoken to you, because I do not wish to hurt your feelings. And while the quote on my blog was a hidden “jab” of sorts, your response just shows me how much denial you are in. I will make my points below:
1. While it can be agreed that Kevin is an asshole, you do need to take responsibility for marrying him again.
2. You were happy at first that Social Services was going to help with counseling, etc. Until it became too big a burden on you. (I thought that you were most concerned about your children)
3. I spoke to you about my concerns and tried to do so in a manner that wouldn’t upset you too much. And instead of being upset about an important part of our conversation, you were mad about me telling you that you feed your children too much junk food. I was flabbergasted.
4. You do live above your monetary means. This is the 21st Century, One of your children is old enough to watch the others, and you really need to get a job. I felt really awkward when you asked if you could be my Nanny when you wouldn’t even get back to me about how much money you wanted for the week we were going away. And the closer the time came to go, the more uncomfortable we both became about leaving the children with you. As far as worrying about an employer, you should be worrying about yourself and as I have mentioned before, Stew Leonard’s has a program for Mothers with children in school. Maybe you are above working in Stew’s.
5. Your children do know way too much and I have told you that before. And I think that you do need to sit down with them and cut back on things such as the movies, cheerleading, etc. My kids don’t do all that stuff and they are fine.
6. If you keep taking money from your parents, then you are showing your children that when they are adults, it’s okay to get Mom to pay for my mistakes.
7. Get a divorce, your children are learning that you should stay married to an idiot so that you can take his money.
8. People aren’t easily changed and I understand if you get mad at me for this email, but as I have been saying for a while, yeah he’s a jerk, but at some point you need to lace up those boots, suck it up and do something about it. It will be hard at first, but if you put all of the effort into it that you have been putting into finding an “easy way” you would be halfway there by now.
I am sorry if this email hurt you, but being true to the person I am, I can’t leave you wondering why I haven’t talked to you. Also, I paid you for the Girl Scout Cookies in January by sending in the cash with Dylana. I would like you to send the cookies home with Dylana, please.
PS. Just for your information, Harold doesn’t give me money, nor do I ask him for money. You asked me at the last possible moment for the money for the Girl Scout Cookies and I found a way to get the money to you. Yes, I got mad over that. I was pressured enough having to go on a trip all by myself, to have someone pressure me more by being last minute about the whole thing. I am a very timely person and get flustered with added pressures.
So please excuse this...but I am sick of this crap
I'm not sure what is going on but. you need to pick differnet people for freinds. This chick sounds like a freak and I would not waste my time even giving her negative attention. You are the sweetest person I know you would go above and beyond for anyone that even had half a brain. So just wanted to say I love you.
Your freind forever Janine