Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Responsibility

I think as a society, we are taught that it is okay to shift blame elsewhere to make ourselves look or feel better. Time and time again, I come across people saying "If you... or If you didn't". We forget to take responsibility. Repeat after me: (And please note, I don't think I am exempt from this)
I am responsible for my own happiness.
I am responsible for the words that come out of my mouth (or in this case out of my keyboard).
I am responsible for the health and welfare of myself and my children.
I am responsible for getting off my ass and making the above happen!

*stepping down from my soapbox now*

Comments:
Christine,
We must be on the same wavelength, my lesson this week character ed portion is all about accepting responsibility! My supervisor evaluated me today said he wouldn't put it in writing but the kids didnt' have fun in my class. Who does he think he is fun is my freakin middle name. I was ready to cry because he said this in front of my fellow teachers. Anways they all think he is a jerk. Hope yourd day is going well.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?